CASA Credentialed Aviation Eye Examinations
A CASA credentialed optometrist (CO) has completed extra training through the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and Optometry Australia to conduct eye examinations suited to pilots and others in aviation per current aviation standards. The eye examination can result in a Class 1, Class 2 or Class 3 medical certificate as required.
The aim is to establish regulations that improve safety. Yearly updates are added to aviation examiners training to ensure high standards of care are mantained.
Our optometrist, Simone Rudder, is CASA credentialed to perform aviation eye examinations. Please call to book an aviation examination with her at Peel St 6766 5944.
You will need to bring these things to your appointment:
- Photo identification/driver's license
- Your Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- Any prescription glasses
- Any previous relevant medical and ocular reports
What to expect at your appointment:
- An aviation eye test takes 1hr
- Your pupils will be dilated using eyedrops and will stay dilated for hours (you will need to wait to drive after or bring a driver)
- The test will include a fundus exam for the health of your eyes, vision tests at different distances, with and without glasses, as well as binocular vision, peripheral vision and colour vision