In an era where quality and personalised service is commonly overlooked for a “bargain”, we are committed to provide each patient with a comprehensive and detailed eye examination. Each examination includes thorough testing for common eye diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy. Our practices offer Medicare and Veterans Affairs Bulk Billing.
As well as screening for common eye diseases, we have the latest technologies available in contact lenses and spectacle lenses, including advanced multifocal and prescription sunglasses. We stock an extensive range of quality frames from high fashion to affordable choices.
Every eye examination includes a thorough assessment of both your vision and your eye health. We are committed to providing the highest quality of eye care and offer digital retinal photography as part of all eye tests.
10 Reasons for an Eye Examination:
- Most eye diseases have no symptoms
- Family History – Many eye conditions are genetically linked
- Systemic Disease Affects The Eye – Hypertension, diabetes and chronic diseases often damage the circulation of the eye
- Prevention is Better Than Cure – Eye disease damage can be permanent. Fortunately many conditions can be prevented if detected at an early stage.
- Environmental Concerns – Environmental conditions such as computer use, UV exposure and smoking can all play a role in affecting the human eye and vision system.
- Vision Is Our Most Important Learning Sense – A child’s learning is 80% visual. Therefore it is highly recommended that all children be seen before 4 years of age to rule out any ocular development problems at an early stage
- Prescription Drugs Can Affect Your Eyes – Many drugs can cause side effects or discomfort to the eyes thereby necessitating regular ocular monitoring
- Contact Lens Wearers – Contact lenses can cause subtle changes to the cornea. Contact lenses should be inspected on a regular basis to determine their integrity and safety of wear.
- Previous Surgical Patients – Patients who have had Cataract, Retinal or Laser Correction Surgery require close monitoring for future changes to the eye tissue
- Maintain Clear, Comfortable and Efficient Vision – The human eye is a finely tuned instrument, a ‘wonder of nature’ that requires expert attention on a regular basis